Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Dirty Carnival. No Guns Allowed.




10 Things I Learned After Watching A Dirty Carnival, 비열한 거리 (Bi-yeol-han Geo-ri):

1. Hey, it's that guy. Jo In-seong (A Frozen Flower), Jin Goo (The ESP Couple, Mother, Truck), and Choi Jae-hwan (Baby and I, The Longest 24 Months, Pasta). These are some of my favorites.

2. Bring your aluminum bat, metal pipe, 2x4, knife, and/or fists. 'Cause guns are prohibited in brawls with your rivals.

3. When driving late at night, always be weary of the car that's following you. They could be the hired gangsters to put a hit on you.

4. A family is a mouth that eats from the same table. And the asshole who eats alone is a fucking stranger. Got it. I'm never eating by my seldom ever again.

5. Noraebangs are awesome. And sometimes they have live bands playing for you. The noraebang is definitely one of the first places I go to when I get to Korea.

6. You can never trust anyone. Especially gangsters.

7. The workers at the bookstore wear white gloves to protect the books from finger prints. Do they do that hear in America? I've never seen it.

8. Real gangsters don't do jumping round house kicks in the air. This ain't Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

9.  No one eats anything in the movie theatre. I thought this was very interesting, being that I work at a theatre.

10. Korean swear words are fun to say. Gae saeki. Di jillae? You can bet I'll be testing these out on my coworkers.

Grade: B

Check this movie out on yellowcinema.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment